Security Awareness Tutorial
Welcome to S-A-F-E: Security Awareness
for Everyone. This tutorial presents Information Protection and Systems
Security (IPASS) basics. Each staff member (including
employees, contractors, visiting fellows, guest researches, volunteers,
Commissioned Corps, and all others who perform work at CDC) is responsible
for knowing the following related to Information Technology (IT):
- Terminology associated with IT resources and their protection
- Systems vulnerabilities;
- Actions to take to protect IT resources based on those
Because IT resources are the agency’s life blood, spanning
both public health and administrative information, and also represent the principal
analytical tool and means of communication with colleagues and the American
public, the following code of conduct is expected of all staff members.
- Information provided by CDC to the public will be accurate;
- The privacy of information given to CDC will be safeguarded;
- Information given to CDC will be used only for the purposes
for which it was collected.
* Throughout the presentation, reference to CDC alone will
be used to include both CDC and ATSDR.